Attendance for this workshop is by pre-registration only. Registration will open shortly.
Everyone has a story to tell; and you think the web is the perfect place to tell it. But how do you start? Welcome to WordPress for Beginners. WordPress powers over 25% of the websites on the global Internet. There’s a reason for that number. It’s SO simple. Spend an hour and you can publish to a global audience of more than 3.5 billion people. And it’s SO complex. You can spend years learning how it works.
- What Is WordPress?
- WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org
- Getting Started
- Your WordPress Login
- Exploring the WordPress Dashboard
- Using the WordPress Admin Bar
- Exploring WordPress Settings
- WordPress Posts vs. Pages
- Creating a WordPress Post
- Adding Links in WordPress
- Using the WordPress Media Library
- Formatting WordPress Posts
- Scheduling WordPress Posts
- WordPress Categories & Tags
- Creating a WordPress Page
- Applying a WordPress Page Template
- What are WordPress Plugins?
- Installing WordPress Plugins
- What is a WordPress Theme?
- How to Install a WordPress Theme
- Using WordPress Widgets
- Creating a Custom Menu in WordPress
- Managing Comments in WordPress
- Creating Users in WordPress
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) & WordPress
- WordPress Security
Length: 2 hours